Montag, 24. Juni 2013

Käsebrot. Last post from Plymouth.


So. Here we are now.
My last post from Plymouth.
My last monday in Plymouth.
My last day in Plymouth.
Tonight I will go to Sheboygan, Pizza Party, and from there to Chicago with the other exchange students. From there I'll fly to Washington, DC, where I'll spend my last couple days in 'Merica with the other scholarship students, meeting politicians,.. stuff like that. And saturday morning I'll arrive in Frankfurt.

And that's it. That was my year. Time's up.

Soooo unreal.
But the year was real. The best year I could have had, I can say that without any doubt. A year with the best hostfamily and the best friends, making the best memories. And it really is what they say - Not a year in a life but a life in a year. A life that I'm going to miss.

My suitcase is standing in my room, all packed. That makes me think back to last August. When my suitcase was standing in my room, all packed.. in Germany. And I was thinking about was was ahead and what I was getting myself into. And of course what I was leaving behind. and it's the wildest thought to go back to those things, that life again that I left behind. I can't wait to see my family and friends again, to start driving, listen to my stereo, play my piano, and to have a simple German Käsebrot.

See you soon, Plymouth.
I love you.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Laura, ich freu mich auf dich!!! Soweit ich das hier drüben mitbekommen habe, hattest du richtig viel Spaß und ein echt tolles Jahr! Ich glaube ja, das du nach deinem ABI wieder nach Amerika gehst und alle besuchst,.... (denk ich mir einfach mal.) Ich hab mich gerade an unseren letzten Tag zusammen in Deutschland erinnert, an dem du super aufgeregt, aber auch ein bisschen traurig warst... Anni und ich haben bei dir übernachtet und Anton kennen gelernt... Mir kommt das gerade vor als wäre das nicht 1 Jahr, sondern 3 Jahre her oder so.. :)
    Naja, ich glaube dir fällt es schwer das letzte Jahr und das Leben, was du in diesem Jahr geführt hast hinter dir zu lassen, allein schon wegen den vielen Personen, die du kennen gelernt hast.
    Wenn ich dich endlich wieder sehe, wirst du glaub ich erstmal zerdrückt :) das musst du dann über dich ergehen lassen :D
    HDGDL bis bald :) Resi

    AntwortenLöschen